Dar Al-Handasah Consultants Shair and Partners Holdings Limited (DIFC) (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, affiliates, partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Links to external and third party sites
Social media widgets
Personal Information that you provide to us via social media accounts is collected on those sites to capture conversations (e.g. questions and answers, comments, retweets) between you and us. It may be used to respond to inquiries, or for statistical, evaluation and reporting purposes. Comments posted that violate applicable law will be deleted and disclosed to law enforcement authorities. Comments may be deleted by us in our sole discretion.
The purpose of this policy is to set out the principles governing the use of personal data you provide to us and any information that we obtain about you. We comply with this policy as well as applicable UAE private sector data protection laws and substantially similar regional and international laws pertaining to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, which laws provide for an adequate protection of personal data according to the European Commission Decision of 20 December 2001 pursuant to Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council. When we receive formal written inquiries, request or complaints, we will contact the person who issued the communication to follow up. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints or issues regarding the transfer of personal data that we cannot resolve directly with the relevant individuals.
User access and choice
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your data are welcomed. If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, or if you wish to review, edit your personal information or request that we correct or delete personal information in our possession, please contact us at the addresses below:
Hussein Teymour Salaam
Dar Al-Handasah Consultants Shair and Partners Holding Ltd (DIFC)
Unit 2401, Level 24, Index Tower, Dubai International Financial Centre, Dubai, 506855, United Arab Emirates
Unless restricted by law, we will take all reasonable steps to functionally delete your personal information from our database(s) upon request, although we may keep a copy for archival purposes for as long as necessary in our opinion, in compliance with applicable laws. We will respond to your request to access, update or delete your personal information within thirty (30) business days. Before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies or delete any information, however, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details (in a secure manner) to help us to respond to your request.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services or information requested in your contact with us. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.